Exotic Elephant! CBD discussion.
The Co-Creators of Exotic Elephant, a purveyor of Premium CBD products, talks with Nigel Aves of Rational Alchemy about how they grow and control the entire process of CBD production and creations. With Meghan Gregory and Elle Gregory-Campbell
Brought to you by the CiT NETWORK and Captn's Lounge Studio.
CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant. It is one of the many cannabinoids present in cannabis, along with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Unlike THC, CBD does not produce psychoactive effects or a "high," which makes it popular for various therapeutic uses.
CBD has gained significant attention in recent years for its potential health benefits. Some of the potential therapeutic effects associated with CBD include:
- Pain Relief: CBD is believed to have analgesic properties, which may help alleviate pain and inflammation in conditions such as arthritis and chronic pain.
- Anxiety and Stress Reduction: Many users report that CBD can help reduce anxiety and stress, promoting a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Epilepsy: One of the most well-known medical uses of CBD is in the treatment of certain forms of epilepsy, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
- Neuroprotective Effects: Studies suggest that CBD may have neuroprotective properties and could be beneficial in conditions like Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis.
- Sleep Improvement: Some people use CBD to help with sleep disorders and improve sleep quality.
- Acne Treatment: CBD's anti-inflammatory properties may be beneficial in managing acne and certain skin conditions.
- Potential Antipsychotic Effects: There is ongoing research into the use of CBD as an adjunctive treatment for schizophrenia and other mental health disorders.
It's essential to note that while CBD has shown promise in various areas, more research is needed to fully understand its effects and potential long-term risks. The regulatory status of CBD varies from country to country, and it's crucial to be aware of local laws and regulations surrounding its use and distribution.
If you are considering using CBD for any health-related concerns, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional to discuss potential interactions with other medications and to determine the appropriate dosage and usage. Additionally, always ensure that you are using a high-quality CBD product from a reputable source.